- 3 8-10 inch fingerling eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce or leftover spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- garlic powder
1. Although Hansel Eggplants are not supposed to be bitter, I followed Erin’ssteps to draw the bitter juices out of the eggplant.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil. Place the slices on a baking sheet and baked until browned and almost tender, approximately 4 minutes each side.
4. Spoon pizza sauce onto each eggplant slice. Top with cheese and sprinkle each slice with dried basil, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Bake until the cheese melts, approximately 4 minutes.
I’m not a fan of garlic powder, so I don’t use it. Also, the drawing bitterness part out seems weird.